To ensure that pages on this website display correctly, please use one of the supported browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 7, 8 or 9. (Internet Explorer 10 is not supported at this time)
The SRESD has been administrating the Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro web conferencing system for a state-wide project developed by SRESD and partially funded by REMC association (remc.org) user fees. The system is a 'hosted' solution, and is being used to meet a wide variety of needs.
- Delivering Professional Development virtually for educators working on meeting the National Technology Standards for teachers http://21things.weebly.com . The virtual sessions are recorded and posted online for anytime access.
- To save time cut costs by holding meetings virtually instead of driving to a location to meet.
- To provide technical support for our services, such as Blackboard, data projects, media center support
- To provide open help support times online where users can log in and get help
- To create tutorials for end users by recording the computer screen and narration
- To create training materials to use in Blackboard, or to post on the web
If you have a question about billing, please contact Judy Mattoon If you are going to attend a meeting:
*Meeting Participants will need Adobe Flash Player (v.8 or later)
If you have a license and are going to host a session:
*Meeting Hosts will need to download the Acrobat Connect Add-In (linked to in the meeting room as needed)
Below are some helpful resources for those using the system as a host.
- Adobe Connect Pro Quick Start Guide
- Microphone (VOIP) Best Practices https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a295153/microphones
- Web Camera Best Practices https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a39122978/webcams/
- Acrobat Connect Pro Resource Center with tutorials, basics, and articles http://www.adobe.com/resources/acrobatconnect/
- Managing Pods https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a227210/managepods
- Managing Layouts https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a227210/managelayouts
- Meeting Roles (Host, Presenter, Participant) https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a227210/roles
- Managing meeting access https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a227210/manageaccess
- Optimize Screen Sharing https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a295153/omp2/
- Share Images (JPG !), Audio (MP3 !) and Custom Flash Applications https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a227210/shareimages
- Controlling another User’s Desktop, Applications - remote help or management https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a227210/controlremotedesktop
- Security of the Hosted Solution http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatconnectpro/security/pdfs/AdobeAcrobatConnectProSecurityAssessmentHosted20091030.pdf
- Chapter 3 of the Adobe Acrobat Connect Professional meetings manual. It covers How To topics for Hosts (and Presenters). The TOC includes: Working with meetings, meeting room layouts and the navigation bar, start and stop an audio conference call, sharing the computer screen, document and whiteboard, view or changing an attendee’s role, adding a note in the notepod, chat and Q&A pods, and recording a meeting.
a 2-page Visual QuickStart guide.